Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Scenic Landing at Vaizag


I am here at Gitam Institute of International Business, Vaizag handling the second installment of the course I offer here on Business Strategies and Management Control Systems. I landed up here on 23rd August at around 12:30 PM. On the way to the GITAM University I requested my driver to stop on the beach road a little distance beyond Kailash Giri where the road curves right. I got some classic shots of one of the best the stretches of Vaizag Beach. The terrain of Visakhapatnam is very interesting. The azure blue sea, the sands of the beach, the low hill ranges lining the bcity on the east and west. All this when taken together makes for a panorama of scenic beauty, especially on the beach road which twists left and right throwing up vistas of sea, sand and hills with every turn.

The sunrise is pretty early here possibly because of being further east when compared to Chennai.

Landing at Vaizag airport during daytime is always worth a window seat. During my landing I got a classic aerial view of Vaizag from the craft. First the blue green sea, so calm and still like water in a tub with small toy-like ships floating on it. From up above these huge vessels piled with containers looked no bigger than the miniature ships that children play with. Then the unbroken golden yellow line of the sandy beach followed by a belt of greenery. As the plane prepares to land, the docks come into sight. The sea extends into the land through a natural inlet navigable by lagrge vessels. Huge vessels lie safely docked in this inland harbor. As the plane turns again, the beach road, a winding black line between sea and city is seen. Then the city and the highrises, the railway track and finally greenery again as the plane swoops down to land at the runway of the Vaizag airport. From my window I see a line of emerald green hills just opposite the airport on the otherside of the Highway.

No comments:


Murudeeshwar