Monday, October 6, 2008

Delegation in a Matrix Organization?


26.09.2008

Conducted my programme on Managerial Effectiveness for the executives of En Mas Andritz Ltd. The company is engaged in supply and erection of Boilers and other capital equipments. There were fifteen executives including two who were General Managers. Mr. Rajasekharan their HR Consultant and Ms. Paromita Roy were also present.

I had to dig deep into my experience reserves to make the programme more relevant and interactive.

One of the participants raised the issue about the applicability of generic thoughts like Delegation to a flat organizational structure where dual reporting was practiced. Yes, delegating in Matrix style organizations is a challenge that needs to be addressed. I am currently working on developing a suitable approach that would work universally. I would love to receive inputs from any one who has a view on this if not a solution!

No comments:


Murudeeshwar