Thursday, June 10, 2010

Female Drivers

I do agree that this image is highly Gender Biased. The image reminded me of the time when my wife was learning how to drive. We owned a small Maruti 800 at that time--my first car! She had learnt how to drive from a Driving Institute and had just obtained her licence.

After successfully obtaining her licence, she took the car out for a drive. My driver was riding shot gun as a safety measure. About half an hour later, my mother called me on the mobile and she asked me to calmly listen to what she had to say1 I knew it...!

My immediate query was...."What happened to the car...!"

My wife still uses this as an example for my insensitivity and general pigheadedness....

Well...the lady was undamaged...The car had suffered heavy frontal damage after she swerved to avoid a motorized cart (they were called Meen Body Vandi in those days).

The emotional scarring continues and she doesn't drive at all...even though one of our cars is regularly registered in her name.

My subsequent attempts to teach her how to drive have taken us so near the verge of divorce that I've stopped trying.


No comments:


Murudeeshwar