Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Fate is the Boundary of Freewill

15.02.2010

I visited Hyundai today for a discussion on a training programme on Creativity and Innovation. I was accompanying Mr. K S Varadan, a senior consultant, trainer and renowned expert on Lean Manufactuuring, FMEA, 6 QC Tools and other techniques.

After the discussions we were returning in his car with my car following. The discussions on Mundane topics being exhausted, we spent the rest of the journey on the esoteric. Our conversation turned to Fate. Mr. Varadan made the point that we should use Free Will to defeat our faith. While I could agree with this intuitively and in principle, I was skeptical as to how this paradoxical thing may be achieved. He made this interesting and profound observation, which I feel was my learning for that day:

“Fate is the boundary within which Free Will operates!”

This is my Interpretation of his statement--“While we cannot change our inevitable destiny, we do have the power to influence the how of our life even if the What is predestined!”

No comments:


Murudeeshwar