Thursday, March 11, 2010

I come to worship; Not to teach

07.03.2009

At the class on Communication Skills today at Prime Academy, there was a lot of whispering among the students. This being difficult to ignore, I stopped my lecture to speak to them on what exactly was happening in the class. I quoted the Taittriya Siksha Valli which speaks about the Five great Joinings or Mahasandhi. I mentioned that in a class the Teacher is the Anterior form, the Student the subsequent form, Learning joins them and the Lecture is that which joins them.

Many of them being Vivekananda College students could quote the second half of the chant on their own.
I told them that I did not come to teach but to worship at the altar of learning. asnd requested them to join me in this holy activity. Their interest was increased and the class was somewhat smooth after this.

No comments:


Murudeeshwar