Thursday, March 18, 2010

Leadership Skills

12.03.2010
Management Skills Orientation Programme conducted for newly qualified Company Secretaries. The participants stated that they were extremely happy. The session was on Leadership and Latest trends in management. I stressed the need for enabling rather than controlling. I also strssed on the need for ownership in ensuring Sustained Superior Performance.

I did my usual geometric shapes activity. The first pair requested time to discuss their strategy for a minute. They used this opportunity to plan a pre-arranged code or semantics in which they used directions like South-west, North-East etc., and managed to complete the diagram well within time.

I also commented upon the essential unpredictability of human behavior and the need for understanding and influencing this unpredictability.

No comments:


Murudeeshwar