Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Toastmasters Meeting

I attended a meeting of the Chennai Toastmasters Club after a long time on 7th March 2010 . The experience was as usual pleasant. We had two Ice Breakers and a Tenth Project.

Mr. Ashok Babu a participant at myTrain the Trainers public seminar had come with his daughter, Subhadra who got the best TT Speaker award. She spoke fluently and quoted Henry Wadsworth Longfellow inmpromptu which was well received by the audience. The quotation was

" The heights by great men reached and kept were not attained by sudden flight, but they, while their companions slept, were toiling upward in the night."

I was called on to speak in Table Topics on the topic "I like Dreams of the Future Better than the history of the past". I agreed with this view and spoke about visions and goals. I made t he point that it is better to be able to see where we are going than remember where we went.

Othe nice TT Titles that I liked were:

Life is a Foreign Language.

Mistakes are the portals of discovery.



No comments:


Murudeeshwar