Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Cost Consciousness Programme at Hyundai










Conducted the "Cost Consciousness" programme for Hyundai Motors India Ltd. The programme was attended by Junior and senior engineers. Though there were only eleven of them the interaction was good.

I ran my usual simultion of a box manufacturing workshop and the learnings from the activity were slowly debriefed in consultation with the participants themselves.

Hyundai is currently running an initiative called CC34 (Change Challenge 3 4) One of the Changes is Cost Reduction. This programme has been conducted by me twice already.

I think I colud shake the participants out of a mindset of "we've done everything already" to an innovation oriented frame of mind. They also got inputs on elements of cost and BEP analysis.

The the size of the scribbling pad that is distributed to the participants has been reduced to almost a quarter of the size it was during my last visit. Sure sign of on going and effective cost management!

No comments:


Murudeeshwar