Friday, January 29, 2010

I am now in Imphal, Manipur. I have written a lot about Manipur in another Blog. This photo was taken in a busy market area near Thangal Bazaar today morning. Imphal is a combination of the squalor of old Mumbai with the dirt and filth of the Howrah end of Kolkata. I am yet to see a pleasing and beautiful spot.

The gentleman standing next to me in Red and Black is Mr. Dwaraknath, a senior managerial person from the NGO I have come to audit here. He is a great person to travel with as he is widely traveled all over the country. I have traveled to other places like Jaipur, Lucknow and Indore with him and have learnt a very useful lesson from him. I have learnt to travel really light! From being a guy who lugs around three suitcases behind me for a two day trip, I have learnt to carry everything I need in rucksack behind my back! Continuous learning and improvement can happen in any sphere!

No comments:


Murudeeshwar