Monday, July 26, 2010

Ayn Rand and Covey


One of the studentsat GITAM, Ms. Moithri, who hails from Bengal really impressed me with her erudition . She was one of the three in thee class who confirmed that they had read Ayn Rand’s seminal works. During the break we were chatting in the coffee shop when she remarked that she had liked Fountainhead rather than Atlas Shrugged. I personally prefer the latter over the former as I feel Roark the hero of Fountainhead is a bit too idealistic. I remarked that Ayn Rand’s philosophy was utopian and that applying it in real life would be highly impractical due to the essential complexities inherent therein. It is so easy to develop a philosophical theory within the construct of a novel where the writer has the power to “ignore” or suitably “modify” uncomfortable issues.

Ms. Moithri agreed in principle and went on to state that in this sense the Seven Habits of Covey though essentially idealistic are more practical and provide an approach that is holistic and can be applied in all aspects of our life. Due to the consistent efforts to practice the Seven Habits in my life, I firmly believe that there is a Seven Habits solution for all conceivable managerial and personal issues. I raise my hat to the lady in admiration and appreciation.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well..Thats My Sister,And I Didn'rt Know She Was So Good! Thank You For Your Kind Words..I Am A Proud Brother Now! :)


Murudeeshwar