Wednesday, April 11, 2007


Here's one more Blog. But, before we begin, I have a chocolate treat for you! What you see on the left is a chocolate fountain. It is a fountain of liquid chocolate. You can dip a piece of cake or a cone it to get a delicious choco-cake or choco-cone. You can have this treat at at Spencers Phase III at the food court. The guy dipping his cake in is my son Srivatsan!
The choco-treats cost Rs. 10/- a piece. Check it out the next time you are at Spencers!
I had an appointment today with Mr. Ramesh Govindarajan who heads Sales at the Apollo Hospitals. This sweet gentleman had spoken to me about training concepts and as I was eager to learn more I had fixed up an appointment to meet him today (11/04/07) at his office off Greams Road. Due to certain unavoidable visitors I couldn't make it on time. I wish I had called and alerted him.
Anyway I entered Apollo about fifteen minutes late and had to wait while he was being located.
My God! Apollo Hospitals is "Bharatha Vilas!"
I am sure you will find every type and colour of Indian and, I am sure, almost every nationality there. In fact they have translators to help people from remote states communicate with their medical advisors!
They have convertedthe Sindhoori Hotel into the Sindhoori Block. If you stand near the reception, from where I took this snap, you will see hundreds of people going by, being helped by Apollo staff and being treated. My prayers to the Almighty that all should be well.
Mr. Ramesh couldn't see me as he was otherwise engaged but he fixed up a meeting with his colleague Mr. Romeo Lobo in Training. (you can see his picture on the right!) This gentle and polite trainer reports to Mr. Shankarnarayanan, who heads Training at Apollo.
This two member team handles the challenging task of training the staff of the Apollo group. They do induction and Management Training. We had a discussiomn on training and the type of training they did. The job of training healthcare workers who are constantly under stress is no easy one. But after speaking with Romeo I could see that these guys are really up to it. I liked the 'namasthe' with which Romeo greets and bids goodbye to visitors and colleagues. It is very much in tune with the pan-national nature of the Apollo group!





No comments:


Murudeeshwar